If often helps to use comparisons to get a different take on your industry. Here’s a fun and quick exercise to help you to get clearer on your positioning, as well as your competitors.
- Identify a list of your competitors
- Download this PDF with a table of brands by category.
- Gather a team of your employees to do this exercise.
- Print a set for each person to do independently.
- For each page write down in the boxes below each logo which brand you feel your company most identifies with.
- Write down which of your competitors relates most with the other brands on the document.
- After everyone’s done, share your answers.
- Discuss the reasoning behind each answer. Focus on the differences to have a healthy conversation on how your employees view your brand and your competitors.