There’s only one reason why anyone buys anything. They are trying to fulfill a need or want. People buy food for nourishment or simple pleasure. They buy a shirt to clothe themselves or to show how fashionable they are. They get a massage to relax and feel better. So your target audience is either in one of two states:
- Without your product
- With your product
- Ask yourself what is the problem your product or service solves.
- Write on post-its all of the things they’re missing in regards to that problem by not having your product.
- Write on another set of post-its all of the benefits they gain from having your product.
- Match up what they’re missing with what they gain.
- Write a value statement about why your target audience should get your product based off of each pair.