People often think in pictures. Pictures can help us to understand complex concepts. They solidify ideas and aid in recall. It’s no wonder why the most engaged content on Facebook is images and why platforms like Instagram and Pinterest are so popular.
Here’s an exercise to help you gain a better understanding of your brand through thinking about it in pictures. Most are familiar with the game Pictionary. You’re assigned a word and you must draw it for your team to guess without writing any words. This activity engages the right brain to visualize images and encourages creating thinking.
You can apply this game to your brand to gain a deeper understanding of the true value it provides your customers.
1. Start by defining the following elements of your brand.
- Brand Values
- Brand Personality
- Target Audience
- Value Proposition
- Competitive Advantage
2. Write the answers on index cards.
3. To play the game, let your team know the words they’ll be guessing.
4. Have each person pull a card. Their job is to draw the word for the team to guess.
5. After each card has been played, look at the pictures drawn to see what insights you’ve gained.